Client FAQs
General FAQs
Service Provider FAQs
What are the differences between a RO and a foreign-invested enterprise (FIE) or wholly-owned foreign enterprise (WFOE)?
The key difference between a RO and an FIE/WFOE is that an RO is not considered to be a legal entity, so it cannot carry out direct revenue earning business activities in China. Another downside is you cannot employ your staff directly, although this can be easily arranged with 3rd authorised agencies.
Can you help set up other forms of entities in China?
Yes, the details above, including the fee, are for establishing a foreign owned subsidiary. Service is also available to help you with establishing other forms of entity such as: representative offices, branches, joint ventures. The services for these can be found on the platform too.
What type of entity shall I set up in China?
There are multiple forms of entity such as: representative offices, branches, joint ventures. They each have pros and cons with implications on what you can do and cannot do in China as well as on your future tax / HR considerations. You can first try to understand these, then choose the appropriate form to suit your business plan and scope in China. The service includes an initial consultation to help you decide this.
Will my organisation’s name be translated as part of the business card?
No, translating the name of your organisation requires a creative exercise that needs to take into account of your organisation’s brand identity.  This service is also available to purchase on our platform – “Creating a Chinese brand name”.
What do I need to provide?
Your business card (jpg, png, psd, and pdf) Your English name and title A short bio of yourself A profile photo of yourself
What happens if the search returns a mark similar (or identical) to the one I wish to register?
Chinese Trademark Databases contains millions of marks, and since China is a first-to-file jurisdiction, meaning that anyone who registers a mark in the country is its rightful owner, the phenomenon of bad-faith filers is quite common. If a similar mark is found in our search, and the mark is still in its publication stage, you may oppose the mark's registration. If a mark is already registered by a bad-faith actor, there are fewer avenues for obtaining the rights to your mark, so we always advise...
How long does trademark registration take?
Once your trademark is filed with the China Trademark Office, the office will issue a receipt of the application within 1-3 months. The mark will then undergo an examination to determine its eligibility for registration, which usually takes approximately 9 months. If the office finds no grounds for absolute refusal, the mark is then published in the weekly gazette and the general public may file an opposition. This period lasts for 3 months, after which, if no opposition is filed, the mark is registered.   
What can I do if the search engines decide not to index my pages?
If the industry you are in isn’t restricted in China, and there is no sensitive content on your website, Chinese search engines would most likely index your pages, but they do have their own algorithms to make the final decision.
What can I do to make my website rank higher in Chinese search engines?
Make sure that you have at least one page of your site in Chinese. Baidu prefers Chinese content to English content and you need to make sure that you include the keywords and meta tags in Chinese on that page. Host your website from China Baidu prefers to index the sites hosted in China. Click here to find out more about our China Website Hosting Service. Do a proper SEO check on your translated pages A one-off SEO check to optimise your ranking is also available.
Why does my website have to be submitted MANUALLY?
Using a bot to submit your URL to Chinese search engines will lead to a permanent ban. You can submit the URL by yourself, but you need to read Chinese and have a Chinese mobile number.